Mar 15, 2011

Oh, How Lucky!

This year I participated in the Irish Fireside's Lucky Leprechaun Gift Exchange. You buy an Irish-themed gift for around $10 and send it to the person they match you with. Then someone else sends you something. Since I love all things Irish, how could I go wrong?

I sent a copy of Celtic Wisdom to Keith in New Mexico. He sent me an email telling me it fit him perfectly because of his Irish ancestry and his Christian heritage. Of course, that made me happy!









And I received a book as well. Pamela from Wisconsin sent me this book, The Big Little Book of Irish Wit & Wisdom. I have some Irish saying books, but I didn't have this one.

St. Patrick was a gentleman
Who through strategy and stealth
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here's a toasting to his health:
But not too many toastings
Lest you lose yourself and then
Forget the good St. Patrick
And see all those snakes again.


Here's a riddle from the book:
Patch upon patch
Without any stitches
Riddle me that
And I'll buy you some britches.
(The book has the answer. Care to give it a try?)


If you haven't visited the Irish Fireside blog or listened to the podcast, what are you waiting for?
Irish Fireside.

No comments:

Post a Comment