There are certainly a lot of things named for him--schools, colleges, bands, and even an alcoholic beverage!
I recently asked my newsletter subscribers to answer some questions about St. Brendan, and I was surprised at the variety of answers. But I suppose that's what can happen when you use the Internet.
Here is a link to a translation of The Voyage of St. Brendan.
Here were the questions:
1. St. Brendan is also known as The…..
2. How many men went with St. Brendan on his famous journey? (Be careful. This could be a trick question. But if you’re close I’ll give you credit.)
3. Name two books written about the legend of St. Brendan.
4. What patron saint was Brendan said to have met? (Hint: a certain author wrote a novel about this saint.)
5. St. Brendan is the patron saint of….