Dec 31, 2011

Hogmanay

Hogmanay fireworks.JPG
Photo by Katy MacDougall of Hogmanay Fireworks in Edinburgh
Hogmanay is the name of the Scottish New Year's celebration and it's huge. Check out the page for Edinburgh's events. There is even a live stream link so you can peek in on the action. Music, torchlight parade, dancing, concerts...the Scots know how to party!

So clean the ashes from your fireplace, clear out all your debts, and after midnight be sure to sing Robert Burns's Auld Lang Syne.

Welcome 2012!

Links to my previous posts on Hogmanay:
Happy New Year!
Merry Hogmanay or Happy New Year!
Auld Lang Syne

5 comments:

  1. My Dad is from Scotland and my grandmother always used to celebrate Hogmanay with us - it is a nice tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. In what ways did you celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,

    Loved your writing update in my inbox today. Wasn't that sign great?
    My husband is Welsh and I have Polish ancestry, so I totally understand the pull towards our heritage.

    I'd also love to be entered into your drawing for the St Brigid items.

    Blessings to you and yours in 2012

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Cindy.
    I just read about the contest and I'd love to be in. :)

    ReplyDelete