Mar 17, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick's Day


Update: This is a picture of when I DID get to visit the Saint Patrick Centre and meet with Dr. Tim Campbell
Since it's Saint Patrick's Day, I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you a bit about the Saint Patrick Centre in Northern Ireland. One day I'll get there to visit for sure (update: I've been there twice now!), but they've updated their web site with a wonderful video telling you all about the centre and its programs. Saint Patrick was British, probably born in the region that is now Wales, and came as a missionary to Ireland. His work was accomplished in Northern Ireland, although there are plenty of references to him in other parts, and his legend and his message speak to our common Christian heritage.

I met the director, Dr. Tim Campbell, a few years ago at the Milwaukee Irish Fest. You'll see him in the video several times. Go ahead and check out the site. You'll be glad you did. And enjoy the day as a time to celebrate all things Irish!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy St. Patricks Day...I posted about you on my blog today! I think we are coming to Chicago...check John's www.johndoan.com calendar...looking forward to meeting you...Blessings,
    Deridra

    ReplyDelete