Feb 19, 2010

More from the Carmina Gadelica

St Canice Church, Kilkenny


The Blessing of Angels

The ancient Celtic Christians sought the blessings of angels and apostles. They were as close as your breath in their spiritual experience. I think this is a beautiful blessing.


The name of Ariel of beauteous bloom,
The name of Gabriel herald of the Lamb,
The name of Raphael prince of power,
Surrounding them and saving them.

The name of Muriel and of Mary Virgin,
The name of Peter and of Paul,
The name of James and of John,
Each angel and apostle on their track,
Keeping them alive and their progeny,
Keeping them alive and their progeny.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I have a copy of the Carmina Gadelica and now I'll have to go and locate this blessing... I didn't remember it from my earlier reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Amy. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete