Jan 13, 2010

Celtic Treasure

It was a pleasure to receive Liz Babbs's newest book, Celtic Treasure, Unearthing the Riches of Celtic Spirituality. Since Liz's book and my Celtic Wisdom, Treasures From Ireland were released together by the same the publisher, Lion sent me an influencer copy. But I would have purchased it. It's right up my alley.

Liz writes reflections, both hers and those of the ancient people who lived in the Celtic lands like St. Patrick, St. Brigid, St. Cuthbert, and St. David. It's an artistically produced book in full color. Even some of the words are designed to be a visual delight.

The tone of the book is calming and encouraging and will certainly urge readers who are not familiar with Celtic spirituality to seek to learn more.

Here is one of Liz's original poems from the book:
Lord, make me an island
set apart for you.
Where the rock of ages
rings out with praise.
Where the waters of your spirit
saturate my soul
And the fire of your presence
burns deep within.
This book makes a wonderful gift. I recommend it, but get a copy for yourself too. It's a wonderful devotional book as well.

I received this book from the publisher, Lion.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, Cindy.
    Blessings
    Liz Babbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Cindy ...it'll be added to my wish list, along with yours =-)

    ReplyDelete